The NDIS is making changes to it’s myplace portal, to improve the experience for both participants and providers
From August, participants using the NDIA myplace portal system will notice some positive changes to the functionality of the service booking process. These changes include:
Participants and providers now have more control over service bookings in the Portal. They can:
- Edit or delete service bookings
- Make adjustments to the price, duration and quantity of a service booking
- Instantly cancel service bookings
- Reject changes to service bookings with an explanatory note to avoid misinterpretations.
This allows providers and Plan Managers them to support Participants to use their Plan flexibly. Items in service bookings are now far less locked in than they were in the past, allowing Participants to change their supports as their circumstances, goals and ideas develop.
Upgrades have also been made to the Provider Finder, the online tool that Participants can use to discover providers. The new features will potentially:
- Make it easier for Participants to find providers, their location, availability, and opening hours.
- Allow Participants to find providers in their preferred locations.
- Include a mapping tool that shows the location of providers.
- Allow Participants to search for providers beyond the current 50km limit.
- Improve accessibility with guided help text.
- Improve usability with a new design.
These new features will be introduced incrementally.
For more information about these portal changes, visit the NDIS website.