Positive Behaviour Support and Restrictive Practices
Open Minds have qualified and experienced staff to ensure support needs are understood by those providing support services to create a rewarding plan.
Open Minds is an experienced provider in the application of evidence-based approaches to improve quality of life and reduce or eliminate restrictive practices for people who have complex support needs. Our experienced specialist staff work with clients, families, support workers, stakeholders, decision makers and our network of professionals in the mental health and disability sector to support people to live meaningful lives in their community.
- Specialist Behaviour Intervention Support
- Establishment of worker-client relationships which promote trust and positive outcomes
- Evidence-based positive behaviour support
- Data-led decision making
- Functional Behaviour Analysis
- Development, management & review of tailored support plans which include strengths-based strategies to overcome challenges
- Least restrictive approaches to risk management and behaviour support
- Focus on reducing and eliminating use of Restrictive Practices
- Collaboration with medical and allied professionals to ensure best overall health
- Education and training for support teams in Behaviour Management Strategies
- Improved relationships
- Improved health and wellbeing
- Support to understand what triggers behaviours to occur
- Support to understand why behaviours are occurring
- Increased confidence in implementing proactive and reactive strategies in response to behaviours of concern
- Skills development
- Increased independence
- Collaborative approach between client, family and care-givers and the treating team
- Support to providers to meet state and federal legislation and obligations under the NDIS Rules and Regulations
Meet our Behaviour Support Practitioners
What is Positive Behaviour Support?
This video by UK Based organisation, Bild, explains Positive Behaviour Support effectively:
“I can finally relax. I’m elderly and living with cancer, I’m not going to live forever. So it’s a huge relief to see my loved one so settled and calm in his new home. I’m delighted with how wonderful the staff are at Open Minds, they have been good to Wayne and I just can’t fault them. Wayne is so much calmer now than he ever was before, so I’m just thrilled. Wayne has come a really long way since Open Minds have been supporting him, and I’m amazed at how much he’s changed for the better.”
Mother of Open Minds Client
Send an enquiry through the form to the right and we’ll respond as soon as possible.
Or call us on today on 1300 673 664
Bundaberg, Capalaba, Grafton +9 more
Open Minds is a registered National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) service provider. We are committed to ensuring you live the life you want under the NDIS.LEARN MORE
Bundaberg, Capalaba, Grafton +11 more
Knowing how to get the most value out of your NDIS plan can be daunting. Our Support Coordinators can help make it all make sense.LEARN MORE