Lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, and/or intersex (LGBTI)
We will work alongside you to develop skills that will enable you to maintain your independence and support you while you navigate your life.
We believe every person has the same human rights irrespective of sexuality, gender identity or intersexuality. Our personalized approach in assisting individuals through service planning recognizes that all people are unique and that personal circumstances change over time.
According to the National LGBTI Health Alliance, LGBTI individuals in Australia are twice as likely to be diagnosed and treated for mental health disorders compared to the general population. A staggering 57.2% of transgender and gender diverse people aged 18 and over have been diagnosed with depression in their lifetime.
- Access LGBTI programs in your local community
- Work with you to identify your goals and a plan to achieve them
- Connect with other services and groups to support you
- Support to live well in your community
- Linking and supporting you to access psychological, community and health services
- Support with activities of daily living such as transport support, domestic assistance, health and hygiene
- Allied Health referral assessment (we can recommend other avenues of health support)
- Increased overall health and wellness
- Support to make positive health decisions and navigate your life
- Personal independence
- Increased confidence
- Increased participation in activities
- Increased social networks
“My Support Worker and other Open Minds employees I have found to be completely non-judgemental and totally accepting of who I am. We hangout and talk, and they treat me with respect. They have never tried to change who I am, they’ve only ever encouraged positive change in my life.”
Client of Open Minds
Send an enquiry through the form to the right and we’ll respond as soon as possible.
Or call us on today on 1300 673 664
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples
Bundaberg, Capalaba, Grafton +13 more
Being a part of a community provides a sense of support, mutual understanding and engagement.LEARN MORE
Being active in my community
Bundaberg, Capalaba, Grafton +9 more
Be an active participant in your local community to provide better health outcomesLEARN MORE