Being active in my community
We understand the challenges of getting out and about in your local area. We can support you to enjoy where you live and meet new people.
Being an active member of your community is a positive step to living independently and creating social networks you can engage with regularly. We will work alongside you to participate in activities ranging from recreation and leisure through to personal development and overall better health outcomes.
- Work with you to identify recreational and leisure goals
- Support to identify barriers to participation
- Provide suggestions to manage personal barriers
- Access to local community groups of interest
- Exposure to recreational activities
- Reduced isolation and increased community participation
- Become a valued member of your community
- Increased confidence and self worth
- Social networks
- Increased independence
- Overall better physical and mental health by being active
“I like to go to the waterfront to the shops, and get a Hava Heart ice cream. We do cooking classes every Tuesday, I liked learning how to cook chocolate crackles.”
Open Minds Client
Send an enquiry through the form to the right and we’ll respond as soon as possible.
Or call us on today on 1300 673 664
Bundaberg, Capalaba, Grafton +9 more
We understand how challenging and complex behaviours are difficult for the person, their family and the people surrounding them.LEARN MORE
PHaMs, Programs and Peer Support
Capalaba, Ipswich, Morayfield +2 more
Overcome social isolation and increase connections to your community. PHaMs, programs and peer support provides practical assistance for people with mental illness.LEARN MORE