Our team have been keeping a close eye on the official updates and sharing of information that is being released regarding COVID-19 (coronavirus).
This information has supported our Business Continuity Team at Open Minds, to focus on our strengths and as we navigate these unchartered waters.
We remain committed to providing our clients in the community with their supports, ensuring the safety of our staff and clients at all times.
We know you are probably receiving a lot of information from your contacts, so we will keep this brief.
- From Monday 23rd March, we will begin transitioning our teams to become a mobile workforce and limit physical meetings, as much as possible. This is in line with the advice from the Department of Health on Social Distancing and the importance of reducing the possibility of exposure and the spread of COVID-19. We are working to limit any attendance at our Hubs and very soon they will not be attended by staff, so if you have any meetings scheduled at one of our locations, please reach out to your contact.
- Our teams have access to technology which will support us to stay connected through these challenging times and they have been presented ways to ensure their work areas are appropriate to maintain overall health and wellness.
- Staff have been issued with instructions on how to support clients (and themselves) if they become symptomatic of COVID-19.
- Mandatory training has been issued to all staff via the Department of Health’s online training platform for COVID-19.
- Social distancing – we think this is a short, simple and great video explaining social distancing. Remember to maintain a 1.5metre distance from those around you, avoid crowded places, don’t shake hands, and practice good hygiene such as washing hands.
You can access the latest information and advice about COVID-19 from the Queensland Government and Australian Government.
We hope you have a great week, and manage to find some time to rest and look after yourself through this stressful time.
To stay abreast of Open Minds’ COVID-19 (coronavirus) health alerts, visit our dedicated pages: Open Minds COVID-19 Health Alert, Mental Health Hub Morayfield COVID-19 Health Alert