What is CHIME?
chime enables you to better navigate your way around the community, meet new people, develop the confidence to determine your future, and manage your lifestyle and wellbeing. chime works to provide hospital diversion, early discharge, and complex case management.
How does chime work?
- a short term intensive community based program, focused on delivering one-on-one support to advocate and empower you
- works together with your existing support networks
- helps to plan and support your transition from hospital
- supports you in your local community
- assists you to stay out of hospital
- supports you with your personal goals and life choices
- provides direct personalised support services
- provides group services with other chime clients
- can link you to other professional services
- provides your family with phone support
- aged 18 - 64
- living on the Sunshine Coast or in Gympie
- experiencing severe, persistent or episodic mental illness
- have complex needs
- have had frequent hospital admissions
- involved with specialised mental health services
- referrals prioritised from Queensland Health
“Recovery is being able to create and live a meaningful and contributing life within the community with or without the presence of mental illness.”
chime services work within a recovery-oriented framework, following the values of: