What are the Queensland Mental Health Week Achievement Awards?
The Queensland Mental Health Week Achievement Awards recognise and celebrate the achievements of individuals, groups and organisations working tirelessly to reduce stigma and support and empower those living with mental illness. There are 10 award categories, and winners receive an engraved trophy and framed certificate. The overall winner recieves the Earle Duus overarching award, which includes a $4,000 prize to continue their great work in the mental health sector.
When are the Awards presented?
The awards are presented at a ceremony on Friday 11th October 2019 at Brisbane City Hall, during Queensland Mental Health Week, and around World Mental Health Day.
Entries are now open for the 2019 Awards, submit your nomination here >
Can I nominate?
Anyone who works to improve mental health can nominate for an award. Just being an award finalist gives individuals and organisations fantastic PR and media coverage. We usually receive nominations from:
- People nominating themselves or colleagues
- Not-for-profit organisations
If you want to nominate for an award, the best way is to nominate yourself, because no-one knows your work and achievements better than you! If you work to enhance the quality of life and wellbeing of people who live with mental illness, then nominate now.
Sponsor an Award category
Get your brand in front of over 200 mental health community and sector leaders from across Queensland.
Join a celebratation of outstanding achievement in mental health. Other benefits of sponsorship include:
- Exclusive rights to one Award category
- 2 x complimentary tickets to the Awards Breakfast Ceremony on Friday 11th October 2019
- Display your organsation's banners during the event
- Have a representative from your organisation on stage to present an award
- Your logo to appear on printed and online materials, and on screen during the event
- Put your Corporate Social Responsibility to a worthwhile cause and support a prestigious, credible event.
Tools and Resources
Meet our 2018 Award Winners