Unless otherwise stated, a full refund will be given on cancellations received up to ten days before an event.
Please choose carefully. We do not normally give refunds if you simply change your mind or make a wrong decision. You can choose between a refund, exchange or credit where goods are faulty, have been wrongly described, are different to the product purchased on the website or doesn't do what it is supposed to do.
Services provided by Open Minds
The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) released a guide which explains the consumer rights for consumers with disability under the NDIS. The guide can be downloaded here.
Clients have rights under Australian Consumer Law, including the right to:
- ask for the services they want;
- ask as many questions about the services as they want;
- ask for a better price;
- take time to make a decision;
- be treated fairly;
- be given all important information about the service;
- be given correct information about the service; and
- have an opportunity to speak up if things go wrong.
A client is legally entitled to ask for a refund or replacement if the services provided were:
- not of acceptable quality;
- different to what was asked for, and/or different to what the provider said the client would receive, and/or
- different to the description provided.
If you would like to request a refund for services provided by Open Minds please contact your support worker.
Services brokered by Open Minds
In some cases Open Minds will purchase services on behalf of a client and at the client’s request (brokered services). If a refund or replacement for brokered services are required, the client should contact the brokered service provider directly. As part of Open Minds’ service, it may support client to obtain a refund or a replacement service, and only after the client has contacted the brokered service provider directly.
Please contact us if you require a copy of your tax deductible receipt or believe that an error has been made in connection with your online donation. We will work with you to correct any such error, and if necessary make the refund or correction that is appropriate.