The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) released a guide which explains the consumer rights for consumers with disability under the NDIS. The guide can be downloaded here.
Clients have rights under Australian Consumer Law, including the right to:
- ask for the services they want;
- ask as many questions about the services as they want;
- ask for a better price;
- take time to make a decision;
- be treated fairly;
- be given all important information about the service;
- be given correct information about the service; and
- have an opportunity to speak up if things go wrong.
A client is legally entitled to ask for a refund or replacement if the services provided were:
- not of acceptable quality;
- different to what was asked for, and/or different to what the provider said the client would receive, and/or
- different to the description provided.
If you would like to request a refund for services provided by Open Minds please contact your support worker.