Have you met the new and expanding Sunshine Coast team? The team, led by Area Manager, Elise Hagger, is ready to take on new clients with mental illness and disabilities to help them live the life they want.
Open Minds has over 100 years of history supporting Queenslanders, and today we provide a range of supports to people living with mental illness, intellectual disabilities and physical disabilities.
We’ve made some changes to the team on the Sunshine Coast, and we have current availability to take on new clients.
Did you know we provide:
- High physical support – our team have undergone extensive training in manual handling, hoists, slips and slides to support people in a respectful, safe and caring way.
- Supported Independent Living – we work with clients to be supported 24/7 in their own home
- Access to SDA tenancy vacancies – we partner with Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA) Providers to offer in-home support in numerous locations across Queensland.
- Positive behaviour support – we employ a team of positive behaviour support specialists who work closely with all stakeholders to reduce restrictive practices and ensure positive outcomes for our clients.
- Support Coordination and Specialist Support Coordination – our team work with clients to understand their NDIS packages and get the most appropriate support suited to their unique needs.
- Community access – we work with clients to allow them to be a part of their community of choice.
More about Area Manager, Elise
Elise studied a Diploma of Community Services and conducted her work placements as a Support Worker in multiple organisations that focused on Respite, Capacity Building, and Independent Living skills for school leavers and Peer Support Groups.
Upon graduating, Elise became a Support Worker with Open Minds in 2016. In mid 2017 Elise progressed to become a Case Worker in the Open Minds Taringa hub and then went on to be the Team Leader during the roll-out of the NDIS.
Elise has worked as a Team Leader in the Taringa, Redcliffe and Sunshine Coast hubs, specialising in Complex Care, SILS (Supported Independent Living) and transitions back into the Community.
In 2019, Elise was promoted to Area Manager North QLD – now overseeing the Bundaberg, Redcliffe and Sunshine Coast regions. Elise works to ensure positive outcomes for our participants and to promote the Open Minds purpose of enabling an independent and positive future for people living with mental illness and disabilities.
Elise said: “We believe in working closely with the individual, their family and carers, professionals, and other stakeholders in their life, to deliver high quality support services suited to their unique needs.”